Wednesday 31 October 2007

SINGAPORE 2004 Part 2

This trip of mine was so long ago, so, I can't remember everything happened but what I've got in my pics & clips gallery. However, my colleague didn't like taking photo much on that day (he's loving it by now, I'll show you later). So, please feel free to leave your comments to share your experiences.

You can also find part 1 of this series here..


**@ the heart of Singapore**

On my last day @ Singapore, we decided to find the original Merlion, the famous symbol and the must visit place of Singapore. It's located just off the eastern shore near the commercial zone. We travelled, again, by MRT to the nearest station. The nearby location are good for walking. Even the bright sunshine, it was not too hot for a walk and for taking some good pics. Handsome guy in the first picture is my colleague. Again, I revealed my colleague in the last part...I may do it faster next time ^^

++MERLION++

Finding the Merlion is not that easy for those who go there on foot. We lost a few times before getting to the destination. The VOMITING Merlion is old and if compared to the other attractions, it's uncomparable due to its small size. Only one thing to keep this tourist attraction alive is that it's the Singapore national symbol, I think. On the other side of the Merlion, you can see the Esplanade Theatre, the building with 'DURIAN' shape. I wondered whether it contains durian smell, if so, I'm the first to regret entering the building ;)

++The Raffles Place and Singapore River++

After visiting the Merlion, I and my colleague travelled back to the inner land for a little and started to find places for gathering more photographes. Finally, we arrived at the Raffles place. Raffles is the name of the founder of modern Singapore, Sir Stamford Raffles. From his far-sighted eyes, Singapore is the great economy hub in Asia.

'Raffles Place is the financial heart of Singapore. It is located within the Downtown Core and the Central Area and, as such, is home to the some of the tallest buildings and landmarks in Singapore. It is situated south of the mouth of the Singapore River.' (From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffles_Place)

Started from a bridge that cross over the Singapore River to the Statue of Sir Stamford Raffles. 'The Durian' is located here, too. There're many strange statues. See them below.

++Before the end of the comfort Trip++

Since I can't see any stray dogs or cats in Singapore since I arrived, I felt quite strange because they're everywhere in Thailand (Some foreigners in Thailand call stray dogs as 'Soi Dog' because they live, normally as a gang in that Soi). Finally, I found this cute cat sleeping near the Singapore River. If you carefully look at it's ear, you'll see the stamp. This might be the way the Singaporians is using to control pets and animals. The stamp might be as a marked of implanted microchip...

This trip of mine was comfortable with a lot of good experiences there, unlike the Indonesia trip. But I think you don't expect me to have trouble everywhere I visit, right?


'Till the next trip...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

As I've just visited there recently, it was VERY hot and sunny. But I did not have to walk from one place to another place. eiei coz I travelled on the bus. 55
I hope PPraphon could take better photo as the time passes by na. I can't see the head of the vomitting lion on your pic la. 5555

PY106 said...

I think that's not the vomitting lion na... it's the statue of Mr. Raffles...
But it's true that P' Praphon took those pics so bad T.T

FiReGoLeM said...

-*-

Ummm...

I will save this page and send to PPraphon's email 5555