Friday 19 October 2007

JAKARTA 2005 Part 4

Welcome to part 4 of this series...let's see what's next...you can also find sooner parts here: part 1; part 2; part 3

**THURSDAY ALONG THE ROAD**

Thanks to our richer guide for yesterday experience. As a result from your efforts, we were more aware of the local officers :) Today we planned to discover some interesting attractions along the TransJakarta route.

Before leaving our beloved hotel, let's look once more on my Ambhara Hotel...

We finished the class late because we've decided to finish half day on Friday. Right after the class finished, we catched TransJakarta to our destination...

It was almost dark so only a few pictures that I can share with you...

Here is the largest fountain on the road that I could find during the TransJakarta route. It has a fine statue on its centre. I'm sorry but I don't know the name of this place.

We went through a department store and a theatre near the fountain...Just windows shopping...(because everyone love Windows shopping, that's why Bill Gate is the richest man on Earth...:D)...almost everything is the same as of those good stores in Bangkok. To be frank, I never enjoy exploring department stores abroad. It might be because I have a lot of great department stores in my country.

We walked for a distance of 1 TransJakarta station and we reached the yesterday department store. We brought souvenoirs here because it offered good bargain. The picture is taken opposite the store

My dinner, again, with my 3 colleagues, was at the basement of that store. We found some good food with good price there. My set is around 11,000Rp
That's enough for my easy Thursday...tired of the walk...

++NOTE++

I planned to finished my Jakarta trip in 5 parts but there're a lot of things to put in here. So, to make it fit, my Friday will start on this part...

**HAPPY FRIDAY**

It was the last training day and the training lasted only half day. After finished everything including receiving of Certificate, the Indonesian colleagues kindly arranged a trip to 'SEA WORLD' for us. Before we left the hotel, rain poured...

OH..NO..IT CAN'T BE TODAY...F-C-U-K-ING RAIN...In the rain, you can see, what we called in Thailand, Tuk-Tuk in Indonesia version.

We travelled to the 'SEA WORLD' by taxis arranged by our indonesian colleagues...

TAXI IN JAKARTA...

I miss this most important thing because I often use TransJakarta but this is the first thing that you should know before going to Jakarta because there are a lot of tourist-trap taxis. All taxis have meter...but they normally don't use it... especially when tourist get in.

The only taxis that can be trust will have the logo 'BLUE BIRD GROUP' on their wind screen.

The Blue Bird Group Taxis are divided into 3 classes;
  • Golden Bird: price are expensive...I never tried one but I assumed that it shouldbe very luxury
  • Silver Bird: Normal hotel Taxi, if you use hotel's service to find one, they are medium size europe cars, price is between the Golden and the Blue
  • Blue Bird: normal taxi, can find them everywhere
  • Becareful!! Many taxis want to disguise their car to look like the Blue Bird Group...look at the cars' front (on wind screen) the BLUE BIRD GROUP should be on it

    Even in the good group, there are some bad guys. Check with the driver whether he use meter every time before jumping into the car.



    The last part will be updated soon...


    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    I've already stopped by...as you wished.
    It's interesting like you told me.
    Waiting fot the next part na.