Sunday 28 October 2007

SINGAPORE 2004 Part 1

Hi, all. Welcome to my another series. This time it's Singapore, my first time abroad (by plane). Although it was on the year 2004, there are many points and pics to share with you. I'll try to shorten this trip into 2 parts.

**FIRST DAY @ SENTOSA**
It's like the dream!!!, I thought.
After working for 2 years, my boss decided to send me abroad for training and it's the ISPE Singapore, at that time, who gave one complimentary seat in their Conference, which worth more than 1,200 SGD, encouraged my organisation to send 2 people in such conference: Mr. Praphon, my senior colleagues, and I.
My trip was started on 16/4/2547 morning, I and my colleague catched the TG plane (at that time...from Don Muang Intl.) and arrived at Changi airport at about 1.30 p.m.
 (credit: wikitravel.org)
++Singapore Changi International Airport (SIN)++
(credit:WIKIPEDIA; http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/Singapore_Changi_Airport%2C_Control_Tower_2%2C_Dec_05.JPG)
The Changi airport was quite new at that time, it was fully equipped with modern facilities. Do you ever visited the Singapore Changi International Airport? It would be helpful if you can share with me and others by posting your comments.
SINGAPORE DOLLAR or SGD or S$ is the official currency in Singapore. The rate is 1.4395 SGD per 1 USD (reference: DBS Singapore, 27.10.2007). The rate is not much difference between each exchange point and many currencies have good exchange rate there...no worry about having to carry USD into Singapore.
We took taxi to our hotel, Grand Plaza Parkroyal, near the city hall area. It costed us approx. 17 SGD. After checking in, we're so hungry, so we hurried to the Raffles City Shopping Centre for a luncheon (around 5-6 SGD in fast food area). Sorry, no photo ^^
After the lunch, we agreed to visit Singapore's ultimate tourist attraction ++Sentosa++ on that day.
Sentosa is the popular island resort in Singapore, visited by millions of people every year. We took the MRT and the cable car to reach the island.

The sea between Singapore mainland and Sentosa, although there is a sea port there, the water was very nice, as you can see from the picture above.
We arrived the Sentosa with ease and then took some times looking at the island's map and planning our 6-hour trip. It was not possible for us to go to every interesting spot even some of them are very interesting, such as, the Underwater World.
At last, we decided to have a full walk course, starting from the station through the theme park to the big Merlion statue, then have a look around the front of the island. We walked 'till it's begin to dark. There're many beautiful scenaries there, some of them are in my pictures below.

Even most of the things in Sentosa is man-made, I also wandered how beautiful it is. In my point of view, the Sentosa shows the creation power of mankind whose destructive power was proved long ago.
In the evening, I and my colleague went to the musical fountain to see the water and laser show. I tried to record a video clip of them but because it was too dark...the video is of s.c.uk quality (Do you have night vision goggle for camera?)
The show was in English. I, who understood only half of the story, felt okay about it since the story is not heavy for a comfort sit & rest & watch after the long walk but my colleague didn't think so. He started losing his patient and asked me to leave.
So, we left the musical garden at about 8 p.m., travelled back to the mainland by the same cable car. The view of the night is completely different from the day-scene.


**CHINA TOWN & HINDI TEMPLE**
On the next day, we've the workshop in the afternoon, so, it's means a half-day trip again. We decided to visit the China town where has not much interesting places to go in the morning. We spent our time walking around streets and roads, as well as many almost lost ;). There's only one thing to be speculated at that moring, let's look at this picture and try to find out why I think it is different;

I know you may see the different as well as I did. Firstly, this Small Mobile Enterprise (can I shorten it to SME?...^^) is licensed. Another thing is that he wears glove!!!
I found a Hindi temple not far from the China town. It's crowded...'seems like there is an event there' I thought. We're right, there's a music play there and everyone was listening with their full interest. I've a picture and a clip and they can describe the event more than my 1000 words ^^



'Till next part...

No comments: