Sunday 20 January 2008

PORTUGAL 2005 Part 1

Hi again everyone and welcome to my another series. It might takes me a bit longer to post a new post because of my hard work consumed my whole energy in this last 2 weeks. Don't worry, it'll soon be better. In this series you will find my exciting experiences in Portugal, where I spent my whole 2 weeks training there.


**THE PORTUGUESE REPUBLIC**

Portugal, officially the Portuguese Republic (Portuguese: República Portuguesa), is a country in southwestern Europe, on the Iberian Peninsula. Being the westernmost country of mainland Europe, Portugal is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south and by Spain to the north and east. The Atlantic archipelagos of the Azores and Madeira are also part of Portugal.

the First County of Portugal was formed. A victory over the Muslims at Ourique in 1139 is traditionally taken as the occasion when Portugal is transformed from a county into an independent kingdom.
Portugal is a democratic republic ruled by the constitution of 1976 with Lisbon, the nation's largest city, as its capital. The four main governing components are the president of the republic, the assembly of the republic, the government, and the courts. The constitution grants the division or separation of powers among legislative, executive, and judicial branches. Portugal like most European countries has no state religion, making it a secular state.

The president, who is elected to a five-year term, has a supervising, nonexecutive role. The current President is Aníbal Cavaco Silva. The Assembly of the Republic is a unicameral parliament composed of 230 deputies elected for four-year terms.
The climate of Portugal can be classified as Oceanic in the north and Mediterranean in the south. Portugal is one of the warmest European countries, the annual temperature averages in mainland Portugal are 13 °C (55 °F) in the north and 18 °C (64 °F) in the south. The Madeira and Azores Atlantic archipelagos have a narrower temperature range.
Portugal joined the European Union in 1986 and started a process of modernization within the framework of a stable environment. It has achieved a healthy level of growth. Successive governments have implemented reforms and privatized many state-controlled firms and liberalized key areas of the economy. Portugal was one of the founding countries of the euro in 1999, and therefore is integrated into the Eurozone.
Credit: WIKIPEDIA

**FLYING TO PORTUGAL**

First of all, I have to thank you the EC-ASEAN programme for providing me a chance to train in a European country, which regulation system is renowned. But not only academic knowledge I have got but the life experiences as well. My training was on 14 to 25 November 2005 but I have to leave my country Since Saturday 12th. I went to this training with Mr. Praphon, my senior colleague.

I travelled from Bangkok (via Zurich) to Lisbon, the capitol of Portugal. After 10 hours on SWISS air, I have to spent some times at the Zurich International Airport and it is long enough for me to explore the main system of it ^_^ I used the underground train, which linked between terminals, several time until I was sure that it use no wheel to operate. I, once finding my way out, turned into the restricted pathway and went downstair when I and my colleague found a guard and he told us to came out immediately. I found a clip in YouTube about this underground train (in the clip it is called "tube")

And...this is my pic with the train

After spent some hours in Zurich International Airport, I and my colleague travelled to Lisbon by 'Portugal Ground Force' Airline (Strange name, isn't it?). I arrived at Portugal just before noon. The Lisbon airport was very small compared to Zurich's. The ventilation might also be a problem there because I could smell cigarette everywhere.

The organiser of the training was there... I've met Nunu, Nuno Fortunato, there and he accompanied us and the rest of the participants, all from South East Asia, to out hotel.

And that's my first STEP in EUROPE!!


THIS STORY CONTINUE ON PART 2


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Goshhhhhhhhhhh
U have made the new series!!!!
how could I read all of it!
No no no

Unknown said...

I couldnt remember anything about the tube! goshhhh ....travelled with a big boss, i could only follow!!!! no chance to try fun things! so jealous about yours.